- •The goal of immunotherapy in cancer is to overcome immunosuppression induced by the tumour and its microenvironment, thereby allowing the immune system to target and eliminate cancer cells.
- •Despite advances in cancer immunotherapy with the development of immune checkpoint inhibitors (ICIs), only a fraction of breast cancer patients benefits from these agents. Thus, new therapies are needed.
- •Oncolytic viruses (OVs) specifically infect and lyse cancer cells promoting the activation of innate and adaptive immune responses.
- •OVs have shown promising results in breast cancer turning “cold” non-immunoreactive tumors into “hot” immunocompetent tumors.
- •Additional research is necessary to optimize viral vectors, target patient population and biomarker selection.
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Cancer Treatment Reviews
- Cancer immunotherapy.Science. 2013; 342: 1432-1433
- Atezolizumab and nab-paclitaxel in advanced triple-negative breast cancer.N Engl J Med. 2018; 379: 2108-2121
- LBA16 KEYNOTE-355: Final results from a randomized, double-blind phase III study of first-line pembrolizumab + chemotherapy vs placebo + chemotherapy for metastatic TNBC.Ann Oncol. 2021; 32: S1289-S1290
- Pembrolizumab plus chemotherapy versus placebo plus chemotherapy for previously untreated locally recurrent inoperable or metastatic triple-negative breast cancer (KEYNOTE-355): a randomised, placebo-controlled, double-blind, phase 3 clinical trial.Lancet. 2020; 396: 1817-1828
- VP7-2021: KEYNOTE-522: Phase III study of neoadjuvant pembrolizumab + chemotherapy vs. placebo + chemotherapy, followed by adjuvant pembrolizumab vs. placebo for early-stage TNBC.Ann Oncol. 2021; 32: 1198-1200
- Randomized phase II study of eribulin mesylate (E) with or without pembrolizumab (P) for hormone receptor-positive (HR+) metastatic breast cancer (MBC).J Clin Oncol. 2019; 37: 1004
- Safety and antitumor activity of pembrolizumab in patients with estrogen receptor–positive/human epidermal growth factor receptor 2–negative advanced breast cancer.Clin Cancer Res. 2018; 24: 2804-2811
- Approaches to treat immune hot, altered and cold tumours with combination immunotherapies.Nat Rev Drug Discov. 2019; 18: 197-218
- Phase III Multicenter Clinical Trial of the Sialyl-TN (STn)-Keyhole Limpet Hemocyanin (KLH) Vaccine for Metastatic Breast Cancer.Oncologist. 2011; 16: 1092-1100
- Therapeutic vaccines for breast cancer: Has the time finally come?.Eur J Cancer. 2022; 160: 150-174
- Pathogen recognition and inflammatory signaling in innate immune defenses.Clin Microbiol Rev. 2009; 22: 240-273
- Oncolytic viruses: A new class of immunotherapy drugs.Nat Rev Drug Discov. 2015; 14: 642-662
- Structure and Classification of Viruses.University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston. 1996;
- Mechanisms of viral mutation.Cell Mol Life Sci. 2016; 73: 4433-4448
- Advances in oncolytic virus therapy for glioma.Recent Pat CNS Drug Discov. 2009; https://doi.org/10.2174/157488909787002573
- Integrating oncolytic viruses in combination cancer immunotherapy.Nat Rev Immunol. 2018; 18: 498-513
- Oncolytic Virotherapy for Breast Cancer Treatment.Curr Gene Ther. 2018; 18: 192-205
- Transcriptional targeting of conditionally replicating adenovirus to dividing endothelial cells.Gene Ther. 2002; 9: 972-979
- An Adenovirus Vector with Genetically Modified Fibers Demonstrates Expanded Tropism via Utilization of a Coxsackievirus and Adenovirus Receptor-Independent Cell Entry Mechanism.J Virol. 1998; 72: 9706-9713
- Reovirus oncolysis of human breast cancer.Hum Gene Ther. 2002; 13: 641-652
- Oncolytic reovirus and immune checkpoint inhibition as a novel immunotherapeutic strategy for breast cancer.Cancers (Basel). 2018; 10: 205
- Systemic targeting of metastatic human breast tumor xenografts by Coxsackievirus A21.Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2009; 113: 21-30
- Recombinant oncolytic poliovirus, PVSRIPO, has potent cytotoxic and innate inflammatory effects, mediating therapy in human breast and prostate cancer xenograft models.Oncotarget. 2016; 7: 79828-79841
- Susceptibility of breast cancer cells to an oncolytic matrix (M) protein mutant of vesicular stomatitis virus.Cancer Gene Ther. 2010; 17: 883-892
- Demonstration of anti-tumor activity of oncolytic measles virus strains in a malignant pleural effusion breast cancer model.Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2010; 122: 745-754
- Measles virus selectively blind to signaling lymphocyte activation molecule as a novel oncolytic virus for breast cancer treatment.Gene Ther. 2013; 20: 338-347
- Combination of Paclitaxel and MG1 oncolytic virus as a successful strategy for breast cancer treatment.Breast Cancer Res. 2016; 18https://doi.org/10.1186/s13058-016-0744-y
- Maraba MG1 virus enhances natural killer cell function via conventional dendritic cells to reduce postoperative metastatic disease.Mol Ther. 2014; 22: 1320-1332
- Proinflammatory response induced by Newcastle disease virus in tumor and normal cells.Oncolytic Virotherapy. 2017; https://doi.org/10.2147/ov.s123292
- Oncolytic viruses for cancer immunotherapy.J Hematol Oncol. 2020; 13: 84https://doi.org/10.1186/s13045-020-00922-1
- Issue-specific promoters active in CD44+CD24-/low breast cancer cells.Cancer Res. 2008; 68: 5533-5539https://doi.org/10.1158/0008-5472.CAN-07-5288
- A new group B adenovirus receptor is expressed at high levels on human stem and tumor cells.J Virol. 2006; 80: 12109-12120
- Construction of a fully retargeted herpes simplex virus 1 recombinant capable of entering cells solely via human epidermal growth factor receptor 2.J Virol. 2008; 82: 10153-10161
- Inhibition of human tumor growth in mice by an oncolytic herpes simplex virus designed to target solely HER-2-positive cells.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009; 106: 9039-9044
- A novel vaccinia virus with dual oncolytic and anti-angiogenic therapeutic effects against triple-negative breast cancer.Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2014; 148: 489-499
- Recurrent loss of STING signaling in melanoma correlates with susceptibility to viral oncolysis.Cancer Res. 2016; 76: 6747-6759
- Deregulation of STING signaling in colorectal carcinoma constrains DNA damage responses and correlates with tumorigenesis.Cell Rep. 2016; 14: 282-297
- The multiple faces of proteinkinase R in antiviral defense.Virulence. 2013; 4: 85-89
- Oncogenes: The passport for viral oncolysis through PKR inhibition.Biomark Cancer. 2016; 8: BIC.S33378
- Tumor suppression by PTENR equires the activation of the PKR-eIF2α phosphorylation pathway.Sci Signal. 2009; 2https://doi.org/10.1126/scisignal.2000389
- A mutant oncolytic adenovirus targeting the Rb pathway produces anti-glioma effect in vivo.Oncogene. 2000; 19: 2-12
- Adenovirus E1A directly targets the E2F/DP-1 complex.J Virol. 2011; 85: 8841-8851
- Treatment of cancer patients with a serotype 5/3 chimeric oncolytic adenovirus expressing GMCSF.Mol Ther. 2010; 18: 1874-1884
- Impact of E1a modifications on tumor-selective adenoviral replication and toxicity.Mol Ther. 2004; 10: 749-757
- The herpes simplex virus type 1 US11 protein interacts with protein kinase R in infected cells and requires a 30-amino-acid sequence adjacent to a kinase substrate domain.J Virol. 2002; 76: 2029-2035
- hTERT is expressed in cancer cell lines despite promoter DNA methylation by preservation of unmethylated DNA and active chromatin around the transcription start site.Cancer Res. 2007; 67: 194-201
- Oncolytic virus therapy: A new era of cancer treatment at dawn.Cancer Sci. 2016; 107: 1373-1379
- B-myb promoter retargeting of herpes simplex virus γ34.5 gene-mediated virulence toward tumor and cycling cells.J Virol. 1999; 73: 7556-7564
- Characterization of virus-mediated immunogenic cancer cell death and the consequences for oncolytic virus-based immunotherapy of cancer.Cell Death Dis. 2020; 11https://doi.org/10.1038/s41419-020-2236-3
- Oncolytic virotherapy and immunogenic cancer cell death: Sharpening the sword for improved cancer treatment strategies.Mol Ther. 2014; 22: 251-256
- The endoplasmic reticulum and the unfolded protein response.Semin Cell Dev Biol. 2007; 18: 716-731
- Phase I study of replication-competent adenovirus-mediated double suicide gene therapy for the treatment of locally recurrent prostate cancer.Cancer Res. 2002;
- Oncolytic adenovirus encoding tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis inducing ligand (TRAIL) inhibits the growth and metastasis of triple-negative breast cancer.Cancer Biol Ther. 2013; 14: 1016-1023
- Oncolytic adenovirus expressing monoclonal antibody trastuzumab for treatment of HER2-positive cancer.Mol Cancer Ther. 2016; 15: 2259-2269
- Polymeric oncolytic adenovirus for cancer gene therapy.J Control Release. 2015; 219: 181-191
- MicroRNAs and oncolytic viruses.Curr Opin Virol. 2015; 13: 40-48
- Immunogenic cell death.Int J Dev Biol. 2015; 59: 131-140https://doi.org/10.1387/ijdb.150061pa
Casares N, Pequignot MO, Tesniere A, Ghiringhelli F, Roux S, Chaput N, et al. Caspase-dependent immunogenicity of doxorubicin-induced tumor cell death. J Exp Med 2005. https://doi.org/10.1084/jem.20050915.
- Consensus guidelines for the detection of immunogenic cell death.Oncoimmunology. 2014; 3: e955691
- Immunogenic cell death and immunotherapy of multiple myeloma.Front Cell Dev Biol. 2019; https://doi.org/10.3389/fcell.2019.00050
- Induction of immunogenic tumor cell death by attenuated oncolytic measles.Virus. 2015; https://doi.org/10.4172/2155-9899.1000291
- PAMPs and DAMPs: Signal 0s that spur autophagy and immunity.Immunol Rev. 2012; 249: 158-175
- Extracellular NAD and ATP: Partners in immune cell modulation.Purinergic Signal. 2007; 3https://doi.org/10.1007/s11302-006-9038-7
- Cell-surface calreticulin initiates clearance of viable or apoptotic cells through trans-activation of LRP on the phagocyte.Cell. 2005; 123: 321-334
- Tumor-residing Batf3 dendritic cells are required for effector T cell trafficking and adoptive T cell therapy.Cancer Cell. 2017; 31: 711-723.e4
- Batf3 deficiency reveals a critical role for CD8α+ dendritic cells in cytotoxic T cell immunity.Science. 2008; 322: 1097-1100
- Regulatory dendritic cells: There is more than just immune activation.Front Immunol. 2012; https://doi.org/10.3389/fimmu.2012.00274
- The immune system in cancer pathogenesis: potential therapeutic approaches.J Immunol Res. 2016; 2016: 1-13
- Cross-presentation by dendritic cells.Nat Rev Immunol. 2012; 12: 557-569
M. M, S. C, M.J. H, I.L. C. Review: The chemokine receptor CXCR3 and its ligands CXCL9, CXCL10 and CXCL11 in neuroimmunity - A tale of conflict and conundrum. Neuropathol Appl Neurobiol 2010.
- Cross-presentation: Dendritic cells and macrophages bite off more than they can chew!.Immunology. 2004; 112: 345-351https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2567.2004.01920.x
- Role of antigen spread and distinctive characteristics of immunotherapy in cancer treatment.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2017; 109https://doi.org/10.1093/jnci/djw261
- Preclinical evaluation of a genetically engineered herpes simplex virus expressing interleukin-12.J Virol. 2012; 86: 5304-5313
- A phase I trial of intratumoral administration of recombinant oncolytic adenovirus overexpressing HSP70 in advanced solid tumor patients.Gene Ther. 2009; 16: 376-382
- Tumor growth inhibition by intratumoral inoculation of defective herpes simplex virus vectors expressing granulocyte - Macrophage colony-stimulating factor.Mol Ther. 2000; 2: 324-329
- A phase I study of OncoVEXGM-CSF, a second-generation oncolytic herpes simplex virus expressing granulocyte macrophage colony-stimulating factor.Clin Cancer Res. 2006; 12: 6737-6747
- Infected cell protein (ICP)47 enhances herpes simplex virus neurovirulence by blocking the CD8+ T cell response.J Exp Med. 1998; 187: 341-348
- Oncolytic herpes simplex virus vectors fully retargeted to tumor- associated antigens.Curr Cancer Drug Targets. 2018; 18: 162-170
- Intratumoral modulation of the inducible co-stimulator ICOS by recombinant oncolytic virus promotes systemic anti-tumour immunity.Nat Commun. 2017; 8https://doi.org/10.1038/ncomms14340
- Targeting tumor vasculature with an oncolytic virus.Mol Ther. 2011; 19: 886-894
- Host defense, viruses and apoptosis.Cell Death Differ. 2001; 8: 113-126
- Reprogrammed viruses as cancer therapeutics: Targeted, armed and shielded.Nat Rev Microbiol. 2008; 6: 529-540
- PEGylation of vesicular stomatitis virus extends virus persistence in blood circulation of passively immunized mice.J Virol. 2013; 87: 3752-3759
- Systemic administration and targeted delivery of immunogenic oncolytic adenovirus encapsulated in extracellular vesicles for cancer therapies.Viruses. 2018; 10: 558
- Efficacy of systemically administered oncolytic vaccinia virotherapy for malignant gliomas is enhanced by combination therapy with rapamycin or cyclophosphamide.Clin Cancer Res. 2009; 15: 2777-2788
- Blood clearance rates of adenovirus type 5 in mice.J Gen Virol. 2000; 81: 2605-2609
- Final analyses of OPTiM: A randomized phase III trial of talimogene laherparepvec versus granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor in unresectable stage III-IV melanoma.J Immunother Cancer. 2019; 7https://doi.org/10.1186/s40425-019-0623-z
- ICP34.5 deleted herpes simplex virus with enhanced oncolytic, immune stimulating, and anti-tumour properties.Gene Ther. 2003; 10: 292-303
- Low dose daily rhGM-CSF application activates monocytes and dendritic cells in vivo.Leuk Res. 2003; 27: 1105-1108
- Oncovex MGM-CSF –mediated regression of contralateral (non-injected) tumors in the A20 murine lymphoma model does not involve direct viral oncolysis.J Immunother Cancer. 2015; 3https://doi.org/10.1186/2051-1426-3-s2-p336
Hecht JR, Chan A, Baurain J-F, Martin M, Longo-Munoz F, Kalinsky K, et al. Abstract P3-09-19: Preliminary safety data of intrahepatic talimogene laherparepvec and intravenous atezolizumab in patients with triple negative breast cancer, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1158/1538-7445.sabcs19-p3-09-19.
- A phase 1b/2, multicenter, open-label trial to evaluate the safety of talimogene laherparepvec (T-VEC) injected into primary and metastatic liver tumors alone and in combination with pembrolizumab (pembro) (MASTERKEY-318).J Clin Oncol. 2018; 36: TPS3105
- A phase II study of talimogene laherparepvec for patients with inoperable locoregional recurrence of breast cancer.Sci Rep. 2021; 11https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-021-01473-2
Soliman H, Hogue D, Han H, Mooney B, Costa R, Lee MC, et al. Abstract CT040: A Phase I trial of talimogene laherparepvec combined with neoadjuvant chemotherapy for non-metastatic triple negative breast cancer, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1158/1538-7445.sabcs18-ct040.
- A phase I trial of talimogene laherparepvec in combination with neoadjuvant chemotherapy for the treatment of nonmetastatic triple-negative breast cancer.Clin Cancer Res. 2021; 27: 1012-1018
- SOLTI-1503 PROMETEO TRIAL: Combination of talimogene laherparepvec with atezolizumab in early breast cancer.Futur Oncol. 2020; 16: 1801-1813
Pascual T, Villagrasa P, Vidal MJ, Ganau S, Bermejo B, Julve A, et al. Abstract OT1-01-01: SOLTI-1503 PROMETEO: Combination of talimogene laherparepvec (T-VEC) with atezolizumab in patients with residual breast cancer after standard neoadjuvant multi-agent chemotherapy, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1158/1538-7445.sabcs19-ot1-01-01.
Pascual T, Cejalvo JM, Oliveira M, Vidal M, Vega E, Ganau S, et al. Abstract OT-13-06: Solti-1503 PROMETEO: Talimogene laherparepvec (T-VEC) + atezolizumab combination in early breast cancer, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1158/1538-7445.sabcs20-ot-13-06.
- Impact of novel oncolytic virus HF10 on cellular components of the tumor microenviroment in patients with recurrent breast cancer.Cancer Gene Ther. 2012; 19: 229-237
- Current understanding of reovirus oncolysis mechanisms.Oncolytic Virotherapy. 2018; https://doi.org/10.2147/ov.s143808
- Intravenous delivery of oncolytic reovirus to brain tumor patients immunologically primes for subsequent checkpoint blockade.Sci Transl Med. 2018; 10https://doi.org/10.1126/scitranslmed.aam7577
- Cell carriage, delivery, and selective replication of an oncolytic virus in tumor in patients.Sci Transl Med. 2012; 4https://doi.org/10.1126/scitranslmed.3003578
- Cytotoxic and immune-mediated killing of human colorectal cancer by reovirus-loaded blood and liver mononuclear cells.Int J Cancer. 2013; 132: 2327-2338
- Intravenous administration of Reolysin®, a live replication competent RNA virus is safe in patients with advanced solid tumors.Invest New Drugs. 2010; 28: 641-649
- A phase I study of intravenous oncolytic reovirus type 3 dearing in patients with advanced cancer.Clin Cancer Res. 2008; 14: 7127-7137
- A phase II study of intravenous (IV) wild-type reovirus (Reolysin) in the treatment of patients with bone and soft tissue sarcomas metastatic to the lung.J Clin Oncol. 2009; 27: 10524
- Phase II trial of intravenous administration of reolysin ® (reovirus serotype-3-dearing strain) in patients with metastatic melanoma.Mol Ther. 2012; 20: 1998-2003
- A randomized phase II study of weekly paclitaxel with or without pelareorep in patients with metastatic breast cancer: final analysis of Canadian Cancer Trials Group IND.213.Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2018; 167: 485-493
- A predictive model of pathologic response based on tumor cellularity and tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes (CelTIL) in HER2-positive breast cancer treated with chemo-free dual HER2 blockade.Ann Oncol. 2018; 29: 170-177
- 41P A window-of-opportunity study with atezolizumab and the oncolityc virus pelareorep in early breast cancer (REO-027, AWARE-1).Ann Oncol. 2020; 31: S30
- 806 Changes in T cell clonality in AWARE-1 study, a window-of-opportunity study with atezolizumab and the oncolytic virus pelareorep in early breast cancer.J Immunother Cancer. 2020; 8: A855https://doi.org/10.1136/jitc-2020-SITC2020.0806
Manso L, Villagrasa P, Chic N, Bermejo B, Cejalvo JM, Izarzugaza Y, et al. Abstract PS12-08: A window-of-opportunity study with atezolizumab and the oncolytic virus pelareorep in early breast cancer (REO-027, AWARE-1), 2021. https://doi.org/10.1158/1538-7445.sabcs20-ps12-08.
George M, Williams N, Lustberg M, Omene C, Chan N, Ohri N, et al. Abstract OT-32-02: Irene study: Phase 2 study of incmga00012 (retifanlimab)and the oncolytic virus pelareorep in metastatic triple negative breast cancer, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1158/1538-7445.sabcs20-ot-32-02.
Miller K, Zhao F, Clark A, Wilkinson G, Laeufle R, Wolff A. Abstract OT-13-02: Bracelet-1 (pre0113): A study to assess overall response rate by inducing an inflammatory phenotype in metastatic breast cancer with the oncolytic reovirus pelareorep in combination with anti-PD-L1 avelumab and paclitaxel, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1158/1538-7445.sabcs20-ot-13-02.
- Suicide gene therapy for cancer - current strategies.J Genet Syndr Gene Ther. 2013;
- Gene-directed enzyme prodrug therapy.AAPS J. 2015; 17: 102-110
- Adenovirus-mediated herpes simplex virus thymidine kinase gene therapy combined with ganciclovir induces hepatoma cell apoptosis.Exp Ther Med. 2019; https://doi.org/10.3892/etm.2019.7147
- Use of a targeted oncolytic poxvirus, JX-594, in patients with refractory primary or metastatic liver cancer: a phase I trial.Lancet Oncol. 2008; 9: 533-542
- Intravenous delivery of a multi-mechanistic cancer-targeted oncolytic poxvirus in humans.Nature. 2011; 477: 99-102
- A phase 2, open-label, randomized study of Pexa-Vec (JX-594) administered by intratumoral injection in patients with unresectable primary hepatocellular carcinoma.Methods Mol Biol. 2015; https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-2727-2_19
- Preclinical pharmacology and toxicology of intravenous MV-NIS, an oncolytic measles virus administered with or without cyclophosphamide.Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2007; 82: 700-710
- Expression of immunomodulatory neutrophil-activating protein of Helicobacter pylori enhances the antitumor activity of oncolytic measles virus.Mol Ther. 2012; 20: 1139-1147
- Adjuvant oncolytic virotherapy for personalized anti-cancer vaccination.Nat Commun. 2021; 12https://doi.org/10.1038/s41467-021-22929-z
- Phase I study of oncolytic virus (OV) MG1 maraba/MAGE-A3 (MG1MA3), with and without transgenic MAGE-A3 adenovirus vaccine (AdMA3) in incurable advanced/metastatic MAGE-A3-expressing solid tumours: CCTG IND.214.J Clin Oncol. 2017; 35: e14637
- The tumor microenvironment (TME) and atezolizumab + nab -paclitaxel (A+nP) activity in metastatic triple-negative breast cancer (mTNBC): IMpassion130.J Clin Oncol. 2021; 39: 1006
- Pembrolizumab for early triple-negative breast cancer.N Engl J Med. 2020; 382: 810-821
- Neoadjuvant atezolizumab in combination with sequential nab-paclitaxel and anthracycline-based chemotherapy versus placebo and chemotherapy in patients with early-stage triple-negative breast cancer (IMpassion031): a randomised, double-blind, phase 3 tria.Lancet. 2020; 396: 1090-1100
Gianni L, Huang C-S, Egle D, Bermejo B, Zamagni C, Thill M, et al. Abstract GS3-04: Pathologic complete response (pCR) to neoadjuvant treatment with or without atezolizumab in triple negative, early high-risk and locally advanced breast cancer. NeoTRIPaPDL1 Michelangelo randomized study, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1158/1538-7445.sabcs19-gs3-04.
Hamilton E, Shapiro CL, Petrylak D, Boni V, Martin M, Conte G Del, et al. Abstract PD3-07: Trastuzumab deruxtecan (T-DXd; DS-8201) with nivolumab in patients with HER2-expressing, advanced breast cancer: A 2-part, phase 1b, multicenter, open-label study, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1158/1538-7445.sabcs20-pd3-07.
S. L, A. G-H, A. G, T. B, R. H, G. C, et al. Pembrolizumab plus trastuzumab in trastuzumab-resistant, advanced, HER2-positive breast cancer (PANACEA): a single-arm, multicentre, phase 1b–2 trial. Lancet Oncol 2019.
- The immunology of hormone receptor positive breast cancer.Front Immunol. 2021; 12https://doi.org/10.3389/fimmu.2021.674192
- Association between CD8+ T-cell infiltration and breast cancer survival in 12,439 patients.Ann Oncol. 2014; 25: 1536-1543
- Prognostic and predictive value of tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes in a phase III randomized adjuvant breast cancer trial in node-positive breast cancer comparing the addition of docetaxel to doxorubicin with doxorubicin-based chemotherapy: BIG 02–98.J Clin Oncol. 2013; 31: 860-867
- The evaluation of tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes (TILs) in breast cancer: recommendations by an International TILs Working Group 2014.Ann Oncol. 2015; 26: 259-271
Ciruelos E, Pascual T, Chic N, Muñoz M, Bermejo B, Virizuela JA, et al. Abstract OT-13-04: Solti-1716. Targeting non-Luminal disease by PAM50 with pembrolizumab + paclitaxel in Hormone Receptor-positive/HER2-negative advanced/metastatic breast cancer patients who have progressed on or after CDK 4/6 inhibitor treatment (TATEN , 2021. https://doi.org/10.1158/1538-7445.sabcs20-ot-13-04.
- Natural killer T cell immunotherapy combined with oncolytic vesicular stomatitis virus or reovirus treatments differentially increases survival in mouse models of ovarian and breast cancer metastasis.J Immunother Cancer. 2021; 9: e002096
- Targeting immunosuppressive macrophages overcomes PARP inhibitor resistance in BRCA1-associated triple-negative breast cancer.Nat Cancer. 2021; 2: 66-82
- Pre-surgical neoadjuvant oncolytic virotherapy confers protection against rechallenge in a murine model of breast cancer.Sci Rep. 2019; 9https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-018-38385-7
- A comparison of plasmid DNA and mRNA as vaccine technologies.Vaccines. 2019; 7: 37
- A single intravenous injection of oncolytic picornavirus SVV-001 eliminates medulloblastomas in primary tumor-based orthotopic xenograft mouse models.Neuro Oncol. 2011; 13: 14-27