- •Efficacy assessment of treatment sequences based on AAP and ENZ in mCRPC patients.
- •AAP-ENZ sequence showed a statistically significant longer PSA-PFS than ENZ-AAP.
- •Literature revealed favourable results in terms of PFS and PSA levels for AAP-ENZ.
- •Clinical efficacy of AAP administered as the first-line treatment in mCRPC patients.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Epidemiology of Prostate Cancer.World J Oncol. 2019; 10: 63-89https://doi.org/10.14740/wjon1191
- Prostate cancer in elderly men.Rev Urol. 2008; 10: 111-119
- Steps in prostate cancer progression that lead to bone metastasis.Int J Cancer. 2011; 128: 2545-2561https://doi.org/10.1002/ijc.26024
- A population-based study of progression to metastatic prostate cancer in Australia.Cancer Epidemiol. 2015; 39: 617-622https://doi.org/10.1016/j.canep.2015.04.013
- Prostate cancer in the elderly: frequency of advanced disease at presentation and disease-specific mortality.Cancer. 2012; 118: 3062-3070https://doi.org/10.1002/cncr.26392
- Risk profiles of prostate cancers identified from UK primary care using national referral guidelines.Br J Cancer. 2012; 106: 436-439https://doi.org/10.1038/bjc.2011.596
- Guidelines for the management of castrate-resistant prostate cancer.Can Urol Assoc J. 2010; 4: 380-384https://doi.org/10.5489/cuaj.10167
- Design and end points of clinical trials for patients with progressive prostate cancer and castrate levels of testosterone: recommendations of the Prostate Cancer Clinical Trials Working Group.J Clin Oncol. 2008; 26: 1148-1159https://doi.org/10.1200/jco.2007.12.4487
- Docetaxel plus prednisone or mitoxantrone plus prednisone for advanced prostate cancer.N Engl J Med. 2004; 351: 1502-1512https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa040720
- Prednisone plus cabazitaxel or mitoxantrone for metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer progressing after docetaxel treatment: a randomised open-label trial.Lancet. 2010; 376: 1147-1154https://doi.org/10.1016/s0140-6736(10)61389-x
- Abiraterone acetate for treatment of metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer: final overall survival analysis of the COU-AA-301 randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled phase 3 study.Lancet Oncol. 2012; 13: 983-992https://doi.org/10.1016/s1470-2045(12)70379-0
- Sipuleucel-T immunotherapy for castration-resistant prostate cancer.N Engl J Med. 2010; 363: 411-422https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1001294
- Effect of enzalutamide on health-related quality of life, pain, and skeletal-related events in asymptomatic and minimally symptomatic, chemotherapy-naive patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (PREVAIL): results from a randomised, phase 3 trial.Lancet Oncol. 2015; 16: 509-521https://doi.org/10.1016/s1470-2045(15)70113-0
- Radiographic progression-free survival as a response biomarker in metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer: COU-AA-302 results.J Clin Oncol. 2015; 33: 1356-1363https://doi.org/10.1200/jco.2014.55.3875
- Alpha emitter radium-223 and survival in metastatic prostate cancer.N Engl J Med. 2013; 369: 213-223https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1213755
- Increased survival with enzalutamide in prostate cancer after chemotherapy.N Engl J Med. 2012; 367: 1187-1197https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1207506
- Systematic Review of Efficacy and Health Economic Implications of Real-world Treatment Sequencing in Prostate Cancer: Where Do the Newer Agents Enzalutamide and Abiraterone Fit in?.Eur Urol Focus. 2020; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.euf.2020.03.003
- Apalutamide Treatment and Metastasis-free Survival in Prostate Cancer.N Engl J Med. 2018; 378: 1408-1418https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1715546
- Enzalutamide in Men with Nonmetastatic, Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer.N Engl J Med. 2018; 378: 2465-2474https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1800536
- Darolutamide in Nonmetastatic, Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer.N Engl J Med. 2019; 380: 1235-1246https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1815671
EPAR-Erleada-EMA/CHMP/3945/2020. In. https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/documents/variation-report/erleada-h-c-4452-ii-0001-epar-assessment-report-variation_en-0.pdf.
EPAR-Nubeqa-EMA/84124/2020. In. https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/documents/assessment-report/nubeqa-epar-public-assessment-report_en.pdf.
- The PRISMA statement for reporting systematic reviews and meta-analyses of studies that evaluate health care interventions: explanation and elaboration.PLoS Med. 2009; 6e1000100https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pmed.1000100
- GRADE: an emerging consensus on rating quality of evidence and strength of recommendations.BMJ. 2008; 336: 924-926https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.39489.470347.AD
- Measuring inconsistency in meta-analyses.BMJ. 2003; 327: 557-560https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.327.7414.557
- Lactate dehydrogenase predicts combined progression-free survival after sequential therapy with abiraterone and enzalutamide for patients with castration-resistant prostate cancer.Prostate. 2017; 77: 1144-1150https://doi.org/10.1002/pros.23373
- Comparing Sequencing of Abiraterone and Enzalutamide in Men With Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer: A Retrospective Study.Prostate. 2017; 77: 33-40https://doi.org/10.1002/pros.23246
- Efficacy of enzalutamide following abiraterone acetate in chemotherapy-naive metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer patients.Eur Urol. 2015; 67: 23-29https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eururo.2014.06.045
- Clinical activity and tolerability of enzalutamide (MDV3100) in patients with metastatic, castration-resistant prostate cancer who progress after docetaxel and abiraterone treatment.Cancer. 2014; 120: 968-975https://doi.org/10.1002/cncr.28518
- Prognostic parameters for response to enzalutamide after docetaxel and abiraterone treatment in metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer patients; a possible time relation.Prostate. 2016; 76: 32-40https://doi.org/10.1002/pros.23094
- Antitumour activity of enzalutamide (MDV3100) in patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC) pre-treated with docetaxel and abiraterone.Eur J Cancer. 2014; 50: 78-84https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejca.2013.08.020
- Enzalutamide Antitumour Activity Against Metastatic Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer Previously Treated with Docetaxel and Abiraterone: A Multicentre Analysis.Eur Urol. 2015; 68: 317-324https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eururo.2014.07.028
- Activity of enzalutamide in men with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer is affected by prior treatment with abiraterone and/or docetaxel.Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis. 2015; 18: 122-127https://doi.org/10.1038/pcan.2014.53
- Third-line Enzalutamide Following Docetaxel and Abiraterone in Metastatic Castrate-resistant Prostate Cancer.Anticancer Res. 2016; 36: 1799-1803
- Enzalutamide after docetaxel and abiraterone therapy in metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer.Adv Ther. 2014; 31: 234-241https://doi.org/10.1007/s12325-014-0092-1
- Enzalutamide in castration-resistant prostate cancer patients progressing after docetaxel and abiraterone.Eur Urol. 2014; 65: 30-36https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eururo.2013.06.042
- Enzalutamide treatment in patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer progressing after chemotherapy and abiraterone acetate.Scand J Urol. 2014; 48: 268-275https://doi.org/10.3109/21681805.2013.860189
- Exploring the Clinical Benefit of Docetaxel or Enzalutamide After Disease Progression During Abiraterone Acetate and Prednisone Treatment in Men With Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer.Clin Genitourin Cancer. 2015; 13: 392-399https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clgc.2015.01.004
- Efficacy and safety of enzalutamide (ENZA) in patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC) previously treated with abiraterone acetate (Abi): A multicenter, single-arm, open-label study.J Clin Oncol. 2017; 35https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2017.35.6_suppl.165
- Clinical activity of enzalutamide versus docetaxel in men with castration-resistant prostate cancer progressing after abiraterone.Prostate. 2014; 74: 1278-1285https://doi.org/10.1002/pros.22844
- Antitumour activity of abiraterone acetate against metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer progressing after docetaxel and enzalutamide (MDV3100).Ann Oncol. 2013; 24: 1807-1812https://doi.org/10.1093/annonc/mdt136
- Clinical activity of abiraterone acetate in patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer progressing after enzalutamide.Ann Oncol. 2013; 24: 1802-1807https://doi.org/10.1093/annonc/mdt138
- Optimal sequencing of enzalutamide and abiraterone acetate plus prednisone in metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer: a multicentre, randomised, open-label, phase 2, crossover trial.Lancet Oncol. 2019; 20: 1730-1739https://doi.org/10.1016/s1470-2045(19)30688-6
- AR-V7 and resistance to enzalutamide and abiraterone in prostate cancer.N Engl J Med. 2014; 371: 1028-1038https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1315815
- Understanding the mechanisms of androgen deprivation resistance in prostate cancer at the molecular level.Eur Urol. 2015; 67: 470-479https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eururo.2014.09.049
- Androgen receptor splice variants mediate enzalutamide resistance in castration-resistant prostate cancer cell lines.Cancer Res. 2013; 73: 483-489https://doi.org/10.1158/0008-5472.Can-12-3630
- Androgen Receptor Gene Aberrations in Circulating Cell-Free DNA: Biomarkers of Therapeutic Resistance in Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer.Clin Cancer Res. 2015; 21: 2315-2324https://doi.org/10.1158/1078-0432.Ccr-14-2666
- Intratumoral de novo steroid synthesis activates androgen receptor in castration-resistant prostate cancer and is upregulated by treatment with CYP17A1 inhibitors.Cancer Res. 2011; 71: 6503-6513https://doi.org/10.1158/0008-5472.Can-11-0532
- Overcoming mutation-based resistance to antiandrogens with rational drug design.Elife. 2013; 2e00499https://doi.org/10.7554/eLife.00499
- A clinically relevant androgen receptor mutation confers resistance to second-generation antiandrogens enzalutamide and ARN-509.Cancer Discov. 2013; 3: 1020-1029https://doi.org/10.1158/2159-8290.Cd-13-0226
- Glucocorticoid receptor confers resistance to antiandrogens by bypassing androgen receptor blockade.Cell. 2013; 155: 1309-1322https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cell.2013.11.012
- The Glucocorticoid Receptor Is a Key Player for Prostate Cancer Cell Survival and a Target for Improved Antiandrogen Therapy.Clin Cancer Res. 2018; 24: 927-938https://doi.org/10.1158/1078-0432.Ccr-17-0989
- Cross-resistance between taxanes and new hormonal agents abiraterone and enzalutamide may affect drug sequence choices in metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer.Eur J Cancer. 2013; 49: 3821-3830https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejca.2013.09.026
- Reciprocal feedback regulation of PI3K and androgen receptor signaling in PTEN-deficient prostate cancer.Cancer Cell. 2011; 19: 575-586https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ccr.2011.04.008
- Synergistic targeting of PI3K/AKT pathway and androgen receptor axis significantly delays castration-resistant prostate cancer progression in vivo.Mol Cancer Ther. 2013; 12: 2342-2355https://doi.org/10.1158/1535-7163.Mct-13-0032
- What do we know about treatment sequencing of abiraterone, enzalutamide, and chemotherapy in metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer?.World J Urol. 2016; 34: 617-624https://doi.org/10.1007/s00345-015-1687-0
- Enzalutamide after docetaxel and abiraterone acetate treatment in prostate cancer: a pooled analysis of 10 case series.Clin Genitourin Cancer. 2015; 13: 193-198https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clgc.2014.10.006
Chung DY, Kang DH, Kim JW et al. Comparison of Oncologic Outcomes Between Two Alternative Sequences with Abiraterone Acetate and Enzalutamide in Patients with Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Cancers (Basel) 2019; 12: DOI: 10.3390/cancers12010008.