- •Significant difference exists in outcomes of haplo-identical transplant following bone marrow compared to G-CSF mobilised peripheral stem cells.
- •The conditioning regimen needs to be tailored to the source of stem cells.
- •Some regimens are associated with significantly increased risk of viral infections.
- •Randomised studies are lacking.
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Cancer Treatment Reviews
- Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation activity worldwide in 2012 and a SWOT analysis of the Worldwide Network for Blood and Marrow Transplantation Group including the global survey.Bone Marrow Transplant. 2016; 51: 778-785https://doi.org/10.1038/bmt.2016.18
- Myeloablative versus reduced-intensity hematopoietic cell transplantation for acute myeloid leukemia and myelodysplastic syndromes.J Clin Oncol. 2017; 35: 1154-1161
- Single-agent high-dose cyclophosphamide for graft-versus-host disease prophylaxis in human leukocyte antigene matched reduced-intensity peripheral blood stem cell transplantation results in an unacceptably high rate of severe acute graft-versus-host disease.Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2015; 21: 934-953
- Increased early mortality after fludarabine and melphalan conditioning with peripheral blood grafts in haploidentical SCT with post-transplant cyclophosphamide.Blood. 2019; 134: 4496
- The European Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (EBMT) consensus recommendations for donor selection in haploidentical hematopoietic cell transplantation.Bone Marrow Transplant. 2020; 55: 12-24
- The European Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (EBMT) consensus guidelines for the detection and treatment of donor specific anti-HLA antibodies (DSA) in haploidentical hematopoietic cell transplantation.Bone Marrow Transplant. 2018; 53: 521-534
- Defining the intensity of conditioning regimens: working definitions.Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2009; 15: 1628-1633
- Reduced-intensity conditioning regimen workshop: defining the dose spectrum. Report of a workshop convened by the center for international blood and marrow transplant.Research. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2009; 15: 367-369
- Fludarabine and total-body irradiation conditioning before ablative haploidentical transplantation: long-term safety and efficacy.Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2019; 25: 2211-2216
- Unmanipulated haploidentical bone marrowtransplantation and posttransplantation cyclophosphamide for hematologic malignancies after myeloablative conditioning.Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2013; 19: 117-122
- Long-term efficacy of reduced-intensity versus myeloablative conditioning before allogeneic haemopoietic cell transplantation in patients with acute myeloid leukaemia in first complete remission: retrospective follow-up of an open-label, randomised phase 3 trial.Lancet Haematol. 2018; 5: 161-169
- Haploidentical transplantation using T cell replete peripheral blood stem cells and myeloablative conditioning in patients with high-risk hematologic malignancies who lack conventional donors is well tolerated and produces excellent relapse-free survival: results of a prospective phase II trial.Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2012; 18: 1859-1866
- High burden of BK virus-associated hemorrhagic cystitis in patients undergoing allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation.Bone Marrow Transplant. 2014; 49: 664-670
- A two-step approach to myeloablative haploidentical transplantation: low nonrelapse mortality and high survival confirmed in patients with earlier stage disease.Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2015; 21: 646-652
- Post-transplantation cyclophosphamide and sirolimus after haploidentical hematopoietic stem cell transplantation using a treosulfan-based myeloablative conditioning and peripheral blood stem cells.Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2015; 21: 1506-1514
- Treosulfan-based conditioning before hematopoietic SCT: more than a BU look-alike.Bone Marrow Transplant. 2012; 47: 5-14
- Extended follow-up of methotrexate-free immunosuppression using sirolimus and tacrolimus in related and unrelated donor peripheral blood stem cell transplantation.Blood. 2007; 109: 3108-3114
CIBMTR Annual report 2018.
- Outcomes of haploidentical stem cell transplantation for lymphoma with melphalan-based conditioning.Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2016; 22: 493-498
- Haploidentical transplantation for older patients with acute myeloid leukemia and myelodysplastic syndrome.Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2018; 24: 1232-1236
- Thiotepa, fludarabine, and busulfan conditioning regimen before T cell_replete haploidentical transplantation with post-transplant cyclophosphamide for acute myeloid leukemia: A bicentric experience of 100 patients.Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2019; 25: 1803-1809
- Thiotepa, busulfan, and fludarabine conditioning regimen in T cell-replete HLA-haploidentical hematopoietic stem cell transplantation.Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2019; 25: 1407-1415
- HLA-haploidentical peripheral blood stem cell transplantation with post-transplant cyclophosphamide after busulfan-containing reduced-intensity conditioning.Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2015; 21: 1646-1652
- HLA-haploidentical bone marrow transplantation for hematologic malignancies using nonmyeloablative conditioning and high-dose, posttransplantation cyclophosphamide.Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2008; 14: 641-650
- Peripheral blood hematopoietic stem cells for transplantation of hematological diseases from related, haploidentical donors after reduced-intensity conditioning.Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2014; 20: 881-903