- •New therapeutic strategies in OC have led to a patient-tailored medicine.
- •PARPis, as new agents, have improved the maintenance-therapy landscape in ROC.
- •The effectiveness of PARPis in BRCA-mutated platinum sensitive ROC is confirmed.
- •PARPis are effective in BRCA wild type and whole population, to a lesser extent.
- •PARPis are effective regardless of BRCA mutational status.
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Cancer Treatment Reviews
- Integrated genomic analyses of ovarian carcinoma.Nature. 2011; 474: 609-615
- PARP inhibitors in platinum-sensitive high-grade serous ovarian cancer.Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2018; 81: 647-658
- Germline and somatic mutations in homologous recombination genes predict platinum response and survival in ovarian, fallopian tube, and peritoneal carcinomas.Clin Cancer Res. 2014; 20: 764-775
- Niraparib in ovarian cancer: results to date and clinical potential.TherAdv Med Oncol. 2017 Sep; 9: 579-588
- Homologous recombination deficiency and ovarian cancer.Eur J Cancer. 2016; 60: 49-58
- Deficiency in the repair of DNA damage by homologous recombination and sensitivity to poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase inhibition.Cancer Res. 2006; 66: 8109-8115
- Iniparibnonselectively modifies cysteine-containing proteins in tumor cells and is not a bona fide PARP inhibitor.Clin Cancer Res. 2012; 18: 510-523
- Trapping of PARP1 and PARP2 by Clinical PARP Inhibitors.Cancer Res. 2012; 72: 5588-5599
Patel AG, Sarkaria JN, Kaufmann SH. Nonhomologous end joining drives poly(ADPribose) polymerase (PARP) inhibitor lethality in homologous recombination-deficient cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 2011; 108(8):3406–11.
- Poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase inhibitors: recent advances and future development.J ClinOncol. 2015; 33: 1397-1406
- What is the place of PARP inhibitors in ovarian cancer treatment?.Curr Oncol Rep. 2016; 18: 29
- Olaparib combined with chemotherapy for recurrent platinum-sensitive ovarian cancer: a randomised phase 2 trial.Lancet Oncol. 2015; 16: 87-97
Higgins JPT, Green S. Cochrane handbook for systematic reviews of interventions.Version 5.1.0.Wiley-Blackwell; 2008. Higgins JPT, Altman DG, Gøtzsche PC, Jüni P, Moher D, Oxman AD, et al. The Cochrane Collaboration’s tool for assessing risk of bias in randomised trials. BMJ 2011;343(oct18 2). d5928-d.
- Preferred reporting items for systematic reviews and meta-analyses (PRISMA) statement and publication bias.J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 2011; 39: 91-92
- Olaparib maintenance therapy in platinum-sensitive relapsed ovarian cancer.N Engl J Med. 2012; 366: 1382-1392
- Olaparib maintenance therapy in patients with platinum-sensitive relapsed serous ovarian cancer: a preplanned retrospective analysis of outcomes by BRCA status in a randomised phase 2 trial.Lancet Oncol. 2014; 15: 852-861
- Olaparib tablets as maintenance therapy in patients with platinum-sensitive, relapsed ovarian cancer and a BRCA1/2 mutation (SOLO2/ENGOT-Ov21): a doubleblind, randomised, placebo-controlled, phase 3 trial.Lancet Oncol. 2017; 18: 1274-1284
- Niraparib maintenance therapy in platinum-sensitive, recurrent ovarian cancer.N Engl J Med. 2016; 375: 2154-2164
- Rucaparib maintenance treatment for recurrent ovarian carcinoma after response to platinum therapy (ARIEL3): a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase 3 trial.Lancet. 2017; 390: 1949-1961
- Rucaparib: An emerging parp inhibitor for treatment of recurrent ovarian cancer.Cancer Treat Rev. 2018; 66: 7-14
- Update on Poly-ADP-ribose polymerase inhibition for ovarian cancer treatment.J Transl Med. 2016; 15: 267https://doi.org/10.1186/s12967-016-1027-1
- OCEANS: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled phase III trial of chemotherapy with or without bevacizumab in patients with platinum-sensitive recurrent epithelial ovarian, primary peritoneal, or fallopian tube cancer.J ClinOncol. 2012; 30: 2039-2045
- Outcomes of primary surgical cytoreduction in patients with BRCA-associated high-grade serous ovarian carcinoma.Gynecol Oncol. 2012; 126: 224-228
- Association between BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutations and survival in women with invasive epithelial ovarian cancer.JAMA. 2012; 307: 382-390
- Distinct implications of different BRCA mutations: efficacy of cytotoxic chemotherapy, PARP inhibition and clinical outcome in ovarian cancer.Onco Targets Ther. 2017; 10: 2539-2551
- The Era of PARP inhibitors in ovarian cancer: “Class Action” or not? A systematic review and meta-analysis.Crit Rev OncolHematol. 2018; 131: 83-89
- PARP (Poly(ADP-Ribose) Polymerase) inhibitors in platinum-sensitive recurrent ovarian cancer: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.Oncol Res Treat. 2018; 41: 226-235
A Study to Examine Olaparib Maintenance Retreatment in Patients With Epithelial Ovarian Cancer. (OReO). Ongoing, NCT number 03106987, ClinicalTrials.gov.
- Maintenance olaparib in patients with newly diagnosed advanced ovarian cancer.N Engl J Med. 2018; 379: 2495-2505
☆This research did not receive any specific grant from funding agencies in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors.