- •One year of trastuzumab for HER2+ early breast cancer was chosen empirically.
- •Trastuzumab is associated with high cost, inconvenience and toxicity.
- •Two year of trastuzumab does not add to efficacy but increases toxicity.
- •Here we report the first meta-analysis of RCTs comparing one year of trastuzumab to shorter durations.
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Cancer Treatment Reviews
- The genomic and transcriptomic architecture of 2,000 breast tumours reveals novel subgroups.Nature. 2012; 486: 346-352
- Trastuzumab after adjuvant chemotherapy in HER2-positive breast cancer.New Engl J Med. 2005; 353: 1659-1672
- Trastuzumab plus adjuvant chemotherapy for operable HER2-positive breast cancer.New Engl J Med. 2005; 353: 1673-1684
- Adjuvant trastuzumab in HER2-positive breast cancer.New Engl J Med. 2011; 365: 1273-1283
- 2 years versus 1 year of adjuvant trastuzumab for HER2-positive breast cancer (HERA): an open-label, randomised controlled trial.Lancet. 2013; 382: 1021-1028
- Fluorouracil, epirubicin, and cyclophosphamide with either docetaxel or vinorelbine, with or without trastuzumab, as adjuvant treatments of breast cancer: final results of the FinHer Trial.J Clin Oncol: official journal of the American Society of Clinical Oncology. 2009; 27: 5685-5692
- Non-inferiority cancer clinical trials: scope and purposes underlying their design.Ann Oncol: official journal of the European Society for Medical Oncology. 2013; 24: 1942-1947
- The Cochrane Collaboration's tool for assessing risk of bias in randomised trials.BMJ. 2011; 343: d5928
- Preferred reporting items for systematic review and meta-analysis protocols (PRISMA-P) 2015: elaboration and explanation.BMJ. 2015; 349: g7647
- Meta-analysis in clinical trials.Control Clin Trials. 1986; 7: 177-188
- Statistical heterogeneity in systematic reviews of clinical trials: a critical appraisal of guidelines and practice.J Health Serv Res Policy. 2002; 7: 51-61
Conte PF, Bisagni G, Frassoldati A, Brandes AA, Anselmi E, Giotta F, et al. 9 weeks vs 1 year adjuvant trastuzumab in combination with chemotherapy: Results of the phase III multicentric Italian study Short-HER. J Clin Oncol: official journal of the American Society of Clinical Oncology. 2017;35:(suppl; abstr 501).
- Six versus 12 months of adjuvant trastuzumab in combination with dose-dense chemotherapy for women with HER2-positive breast cancer: a multicenter randomized study by the Hellenic Oncology Research Group (HORG).Ann Oncol: official journal of the European Society for Medical Oncology. 2015; 26: 1333-1340
- 6 months versus 12 months of adjuvant trastuzumab for patients with HER2-positive early breast cancer (PHARE): a randomised phase 3 trial.Lancet Oncol. 2013; 14: 741-748
- Trastuzumab-associated cardiac events in the Persephone trial.Br J Cancer. 2016; 115: 1462-1470
Committee for Proprietary Medicinal P: Points to consider on switching between superiority and non-inferiority. Br J Clin Pharmacol 2001;52:223-8.
Moja L, Tagliabue L, Balduzzi S, Parmelli E, Pistotti V, Guarneri V, et al. Trastuzumab containing regimens for early breast cancer. Cochrane Database System Rev 2012:CD006243.
- Tumor angiogenesis.New Engl J Med. 2008; 358: 2039-2049
- Challenges in the implementation of trastuzumab biosimilars: an expert panel's recommendations.Anticancer Drugs. 2015; 26: 1009-1016
- A clinician's guide to biosimilars in oncology.Cancer Treat Rev. 2016; 46: 73-79
Treadwell J, Uhl S, Tipton K, Singh S, Santaguida L, Sun X, et al. Assessing Equivalence and Noninferiority. Rockville (MD) 2012.
- Adjuvant Pertuzumab and Trastuzumab in Early HER2-Positive Breast Cancer.New Engl J Med. 2017;