- •Survival rate for adolescents and young adults with cancer are high.
- •The effects of cancer treatment has life-long consequences on health and well being.
- •Interventions that optimize health and well-being are required for survivors to reach their full life potential.
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Cancer Treatment Reviews
- ‘The end of treatment is not the end’: parents' experiences of their child's transition from treatment for childhood cancer.Psycho-Oncology. 2012; 21: 647-654
- Psychological outcomes and health beliefs in adolescent and young adult survivors of childhood cancer and controls.J Clin Oncol. 2010; 28: 2002-2007
- Liminality as a framework for understanding the experience of cancer survivorship: a literature review.J Adv Nurs. 2012; 68: 2155-2164
- Chapter III: Variations on a Theme of Liminality.Secular ritual, Assen: Gorcum. 1977; : 36-52
- Delineating the age ranges used to define adolescents and young adults.J Clin Oncol. 2011; 29: e492-e493
- The Growth of Logical Thinking from Childhood to Adolescence: An Essay on the Construction of Formal Operational Structures.Routledge, 2013
- Childhood and Society (Rev. ed.).Norton, New York1963
- Are adolescents the victims of raging hormones? Evidence for activational effects of hormones on moods and behavior at adolescence.Psychol Bull. 1992; 111: 62
- Positive and negative psychosocial impact of being diagnosed with cancer as an adolescent or young adult.Cancer. 2012; 118: 5155-5162
NHS Department of Health. Quality of life of Cancer Survivors in England. London; 2012.
AIHW. Cancer in adolescents and young adults in Australia. Cancer series no. 62. Cat. no. CAN 59. Canberra: AIHW2011 Viewed 14 September 2016.
- Health status of adolescent and young adult cancer survivors.Cancer. 2012; 118: 4884-4891
- Medical costs and productivity losses of cancer survivors—United States, 2008–2011.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2014; 63: 505-510
- Planning Health Promotion Programs: An Intervention Mapping Approach.John Wiley & Sons, 2016
- The new science of wise psychological interventions.Curr. Direct. Psycholog. Sci. 2014; 23: 73-82
- Psychosocial outcomes and interventions among cancer survivors diagnosed during adolescence and young adulthood (AYA): a systematic review.J Cancer Surviv. 2016; 1–18
- Psychosocial interventions for adolescents and young adults diagnosed with cancer during adolescence: a critical review.J Adolesc Young Adult Oncol. 2016; 5: 310-321
- Health behavior change interventions for teenage and young adult cancer survivors: a systematic review.J Adolesc Young Adult Oncol. 2016; 5: 91-105
- The effects of physical activity on health and quality of life in adolescent cancer survivors: a systematic review.JMIR Cancer. 2016; 2: e6
National Health and Medical Research Council. NHMRC Evidence hierarchy: designations of 'levels of evidence' NHMRC; 2009. <https://www.health.qld.gov.au/healthpact/docs/gen-docs/lvl-of-evidence.pdf> [Accessed 23.11.16 2016].
Collaboration TC. Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions: Version 5.1.0 [updated March 2011]; 2011.
- Intervention to reduce intentions to use tobacco among pediatric cancer survivors.J Clin Oncol: Offic J Am Soc Clin Oncol. 2003; 21: 1366-1372
- A randomized controlled pilot trial of a web-based resource to improve cancer knowledge in adolescent and young adult survivors of childhood cancer.Psycho-Oncology. 2015; (No Pagination Specified)https://doi.org/10.1002/pon.3956
- A community-based physical activity program for adolescents with cancer (Project TREK) - program feasibility and preliminary findings.J Pediat Hematol Oncol. 2008; 30: 272-280https://doi.org/10.1097/MPH.0b013e318162c476
- Alleviating emotional distress in adolescent and young adult cancer survivors: an open trial of metacognitive therapy.J Adolesc Young Adult Oncol. 2015; 4: 64-69https://doi.org/10.1089/jayao.2014.0046
- Effects of a home-based exercise program on metabolic risk factors and fitness in long-term survivors of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia.Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2012; 59: 155-160
- Efficacy of an internet-based cognitive-behavioral intervention for long-term survivors of pediatric cancer: a pilot study.Support Care Cancer. 2014; 22: 2075-2083https://doi.org/10.1007/s00520-014-2193-4
- Testing the effects of a decision-making and risk-reduction program for cancer-surviving adolescents.Oncol Nurs Forum. 1999; 26: 1475-1486
- Surviving cancer: what does it mean for you? An evaluation of a clinic based intervention for survivors of childhood cancer.Psycho-Oncol. 2000; 9: 214-220https://doi.org/10.1002/1099-1611(200005/06)9:3<214::AID-PON455>3.0.CO;2-O
- The effect of exercise counselling with feedback from a pedometer on fatigue in adult survivors of childhood cancer: a pilot study.Support Care Cancer: Offic J Multinat Assoc Support Care Cancer. 2009; 17: 1041-1048https://doi.org/10.1007/s00520-008-0533-y
- A pilot intervention to enhance psychosexual development in adolescents and young adults with cancer.Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2007; 49: 824-828https://doi.org/10.1002/pbc.21130
- Multi-component behavioral intervention to promote health protective behaviors in childhood cancer survivors: the protect study.Med Pediatr Oncol. 2002; 39: 2-11https://doi.org/10.1002/mpo.10071
- Feasibility and preliminary outcomes from a pilot study of coping skills training for adolescent–young adult survivors of childhood cancer and their parents.J Pediatr Oncol Nurs. 2010; 27 (11p): 10-20https://doi.org/10.1177/1043454209340325
- Efficacy of the Survivor Health and Resilience Education (SHARE) program to improve bone health behaviors among adolescent survivors of childhood cancer.Ann Behav Med. 2011; 42: 91-98https://doi.org/10.1007/s12160-011-9261-5
- A substance use decision aid for medically at-risk adolescents: results of a randomized controlled trial for cancer-surviving adolescents.Cancer Nurs. 2013; 36: 355-367
- Peer-delivered smoking counseling for childhood cancer survivors increases rate of cessation: the partnership for health study.J Clin Oncol. 2005; 23: 6516-6523
- A randomized trial of a Facebook-based physical activity intervention for young adult cancer survivors.J Cancer Surviv. 2013; 7: 355-368
- Effects of targeted print materials on physical activity and quality of life in young adult cancer survivors during and after treatment: an exploratory randomized controlled trial.J Adolesc Young Adult Oncol. 2014; 3: 83-91https://doi.org/10.1089/jayao.2013.0021
- Increasing rates of breast cancer and cardiac surveillance among high-risk survivors of childhood Hodgkin lymphoma following a mailed, one-page survivorship care plan.Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2011; 56: 818-824
- Effect of Internet peer-support groups on psychosocial adjustment to cancer: a randomised study.Br J Cancer. 2010; 102: 1348-1354
- Internet-based physical activity intervention targeting young adult cancer survivors.J Adolesc Young Adult Oncol. 2011; 1: 188-194
- Randomized trial of a physical activity and meditation intervention for young adult cancer survivors.J Adolesc Young Adult Oncol. 2016; 5: 41-47
National Cancer Institute. Adolescents and Young Adults with Cancer. 2016. <https://www.cancer.gov/types/aya> [Accessed 10/11/16].
- Threading the cloak: palliative care education for care providers of adolescents and young adults with cancer.Clin Oncol Adolesc Young Adults. 2015; 5: 1
- Survivorship care plans in research and practice.CA Cancer J Clin. 2012; 62: 101
- Institutional capacity to provide psychosocial oncology support services: a report from the Association of Oncology Social Work.Cancer. 2016; 122: 1937-1945
- Preferred reporting items for systematic reviews and meta-analyses: the PRISMA statement.PLoS med. 2009; 6: e1000097
- Development and evaluation of an information booklet for adult survivors of cancer in childhood. The United Kingdom Children's Cancer Study Group Late Effects Group.Arch Dis Child. 1998; 78: 340-344